Morlin Property Inspections - Atlanta Home & Commercial Property Inspections
Atlanta Home and Commercial Property Inspections

Listing Agents, please have your homes de-cluttered for the Inspection

I guess that this is my rant for the day.

First off, I do admit that this may not always be possible. But, if the home is currently occupied, or recently vacated, cleaning or straightening up the home should be and can easily be done. I recently entered into an occupied home that was almost impossible to have a complete inspection performed on. Large piles of debris (boxes, bags, dirty clothes, etc.) were around the mechanicals in the garage, as well as in the attic next to the furnace.

Morlin Property Inspections - Atlanta Home and Commercial Property Inspections
Oh, and in the laundry room, kitchen, master bathroom, and in the…..the list goes on and on. The home was not a candidate for the show “Hoarders” by any means, but it did need some general rearranging and de-cluttering.  The listing agent, who was on site, told me to just, “push the items away from the furnace and water heater”. This sounds great, but I try to limit my own liability by not touching or “pushing” something that does not belong to me or my client. Especially, if I do not have explicit direction by the current homeowner. Fortunately, the Buyer’s agent was present. She and the Listing agent spoke and then contacted the seller. The seller allowed movement of the items for access. The Realtors together, graciously moved the items for the benefit of the Buyer. We then performed a complete, unobstructed inspection of the home.

I do not like entering into a home where I cannot perform the task that I was hired to do. Listing Agents, please help out the Seller, Buyer and their Inspector. Clean up the home before it is placed on the market.

24 Comments to Listing Agents, please have your homes de-cluttered for the Inspection:

Comments RSS
rodents control on Tuesday, July 24, 2012 12:06 AM
Hello sir, I got you by Google search. It is very well information about website on morlinpropertyinspections.com.It is a nice able site for us.I also like this site. All people always want to know all about things that you have been described. It is very valuable & very nice posting! I will bookmark this blog as I have They are not the most efficient of area guests. They can easily make their way into your house to rodents control; it’s the taking away phase that can be somewhat tricky. They are recognized to invade attics, basements, lawns, and gardens. The primary reason for their intrusive invasions is as a result of attractants similar to meals, garbage, and clutter from both outside and inside of houses. Particularly mice are present in properties extra ceaselessly throughout the chilly iciness months. Thank You Very Much For Create That Nice & Cool Article.

cheap windows 7 ultimate key on Saturday, June 21, 2014 3:57 AM
buy windows 7 professional activation key , windows 7 home premium free download with product key , windows 7 product key banned , windows 7 professional product key , win 7 product key generator , (n]C\`m>

Quick Property Sale London on Thursday, March 14, 2013 12:32 AM
I think the content covered in the blog is quiet impressive and brilliantly conveyed about the property agents. Good job and great efforts. Keep it up.

rolex replica on Sunday, April 14, 2013 9:18 PM
Rolex · 3D animations to demonstrate the technical details of the play, including: constant moving rotor, Parachrom Hairspring, Oyster Bracelet and Memorial-type strap, Glidelock buckle in addition to Ho-discount, 904L stainless steel, Rolesor.

cheap watches for men on Wednesday, April 17, 2013 9:17 PM
I’m truly enjoying the words and writing style of your blog. It's immediate catch other's attention which makes it much more enjoyable for me to come here.

D7100 Smart Phone on Sunday, April 28, 2013 2:38 AM
It’s true that we haven’t had a true landline for years; we’ve been getting VoIP through our Internet provider. However, the arrangement still felt very much like a landline, with more “traditional” cordless handsets. Now, though, my husband and I both have unlimited talk, text, and data on D7100 Smart Phone

Nike Free 4 on Thursday, May 30, 2013 9:48 PM
Nike shoes cheap prices on sale online

mold inspection Toronto on Thursday, July 11, 2013 5:03 AM
You have shared valuable information on the home de-cluttered for the inspection. It is really an important work for us to clean furnace and water heaters and other parts of our homes for our safety.

termites new York on Tuesday, July 23, 2013 3:15 AM
I am agreed with you!!If a home is currently occupied then cleaning will not work properly.Home should be vacant for the optimum cleaning.

leak detection los angeles on Friday, August 16, 2013 4:20 AM
Overall good to see about this commercial property inspection blog but the issue I have found from here that will be very effective for me that is why I will look forward to see this blog for my property inspection. Thanks

phoenix group on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 1:52 AM
Hi, This information is really awesome.Thanks for sharing.

seo services jaipur on Saturday, October 05, 2013 5:03 AM

Luxury Homes in Toronto on Tuesday, October 22, 2013 4:07 AM
This is a damn accurate blog; I agree to your thoughts, and I also like your passion of writing. Very very thank you sir for aware me through this blog.

photo-grafico on Sunday, December 01, 2013 8:50 PM
I like the helpful information you provide to your articles.

property for sale on Thursday, December 19, 2013 1:44 AM
Thanks for the information. You provided food for thought. Thanks for sharing the information like property inspections.All the best to you.keep on posting..

homes for sale in orange county on Thursday, December 26, 2013 7:41 AM
I agree with each and every conclusions made on this topic Listing Agents, please have your homes de-cluttered for the Inspection. It is really very informative. Thanks for sharing.

Apartment Sydney on Friday, January 03, 2014 5:52 AM
All the tips you provided regarding to inspection of homes was really well. Your post will be helpful for several peoples. Thanks for updating that...

wedding accommodation in Port Douglas on Monday, January 13, 2014 2:51 AM
Home inspection is good if you want a good home,it will also help you in selling it quickly,this is very nice post with a great stuff on this,thanks..

Gold Coast Bond Cleaning on Friday, February 21, 2014 3:45 AM
Yes it is vital to get home de cluttered and properly cleaned before inspection.

Beenu on Friday, March 21, 2014 1:32 AM
I want to make sure that it is very important to see whether or not his is something that is going to improve in many way.

real estate sales training on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 4:00 AM
The article is amazingly written and properly explained. The points written about the property agents is nice.

Valuating Urgent Care Centers on Saturday, May 24, 2014 1:01 AM
They are best in Valuating Urgent Care Centers with offering best price in the market. As both the parties are same for them there is not decisiveness involved in it. One of the best options to get best urgent care center broker is through online comparatively wondering on road and searching.

earn online on Thursday, September 04, 2014 1:24 AM
Cleaning should be done regularly . Before occuping a house must check is it clean . Your post is very informative . Thanks for sharing .

Cheapest Voip Provider on Friday, September 12, 2014 3:13 AM
your post is about the Holy hand cleaning services